Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St. Therese: On being all she can be

You cannot help but be impressed by the confidence expressed by St. Therese in the following quote from her autobiography. She is certain that despite her failures of charity the aid of the Lord is at her disposal.

'I am, I confess, far from practicing what I know I should, yet the mere desire I have to do so gives me peace.if it happens that I fall and commit a fault against charity, I rise again at once.  For some months I have no longer even had to struggle.  I can say with our Father St. John of the Cross: " My house is entirely at peace," and I attribute this deep peace to a certain battle which I won.  Ever since this victory the hosts of heaven have come to my aid, for they cannot bear to see me wounded after I fought so valiantly...'

No comments: