Saturday, January 6, 2018

A Prayer for Passion


Photo of a wood carving at the Shrine to St. Therese in Darien, Il
Lord give me the grace to believe.
Help increase my belief in Your Word,
for Your Word is the cornerstone of my Faith.
May my Faith grow on this foundation
and inspire me with a passion that is just a tiny bit
of the passion of St. Therese.

“I have put on the breastplate of the Almighty
and he has armed me with the strength of his arms.
… I advance to the battlefield, fearing neither fire nor steel,
my enemies shall discover that I am a queen
and the bride of a King.”
“The proud angel, in the bosom of light, cried
‘I shall serve forever’ and I feel the stirrings within me
 of a courage that is prepared to brave the fury of hell.”


These quotes are taken from St. Therese’s poem, My Weapons, Verses 1 and 4.

No comments: