Sunday, January 29, 2012

Here is My Love!

I remember hearing a Christian radio commentator say that a cardinal sign of love is that the lover wants to tell others about his beloved. There is an exuberance, an expansion of soul, a desire that wants to publicize the beloved, to say, "Here is my love. Here is nobility."

We can learn about Love from this experience of the nobility of love. Those who want to "know Christ," will do so through love, the same Love that Christ invites us to share in and to share with others. To see love as nobler than we are, as something to be grateful for, and to which we owe allegiance, care and concern, can perhaps help us keep from sullying it, demoting it to the ordinary.

Then it will be fitting to evangelize!

Listen to Jackson Five, "I'll Be There"

Listen to Marvin Gaye, "There Ain't No Mountain High Enough"

Listen to Stylistics, "You are Everything"

Listen to the Beatles, "And I Love Her"

Listen to the Beatles, "Darling"

No comments: