Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I Will Be Careful With Your Heart

My wife Ellen turned . . . [a milestone in age] . . . last week. My kids came in from all corners of the country for a surprise party. My task was to make Ellen disappear from our home for the time it took all to assemble. And I came through! Ellen arrived home and was completely surprised, reacting with tears of joy.

I put together a video of our years together - 40 and counting -- an experience that made me realize how much I loved my wife when we first married . . . and that I can still love her with the feelings I had for her so many years ago. I recognized that true love is always young, and, in the words of Karen Carpenter, always "only just begun."

Love is a wonderful gift; may I not abuse it but return it unharmed and enhanced. The song by Jose Mari Chan, "Be Careful With My Heart" well describes the aspirations I have for our continued life together.



I must be doing something right, because she told me this morning, "I feel like a newly wed!"

Listen to Jose Mari Chan sing, "A Love to Last a Lifetime"

No comments: